Sleeping Cat Puzzle Box
From: Puzzle Boxes
- Hand crafted in the style of a sleeping cat
- Intriguing locking sequence keeps secrets secret
- Parquetry lid decoration
- Flock lined interior
- External dimensions - 9 x 14 x 6 cm or 3.5 x 5.5 x 2.25 inches*
- Internal dimensions - 6 x 7 x 3 cm or 2.25 x 2.75 x 1 inches*
The puzzle box, personal secret box or trick box originated from the Hakone region of Central Japan in the early 19th century. Known as Himitsu-Bako, these original puzzle boxes were heavily decorated with traditional Japanese parquetry patterns called Yosegi-zaiku (parquetry is a method we still use to create the lids of our own Timber-Treasures puzzle boxes). Puzzle boxes have no apparent lock, and only through the adjustment and manipulation of the outer pieces of the box itself can it be opened or closed.
A Timber-Treasures best seller. This delicately hand made box is in the shape of a sleeping cat with a parquetry lid fashioned in naturally coloured, vibrant woods which has a unique and intriguing opening sequence. An inexpensive, unusual gift that provides a safe and secure place to store important trinkets, jewellery or maybe some spare change.
UK postage costs
- Free Delivery - No cost (4-6 working days)
- Premium Delivery - £3.00 (2-3 working days)
- Next Day Delivery - £9.00 (order before 12pm)
International postage costs
- European Delivery - £5.00
- USA & the Rest of the World Delivery - £9.00
Please choose the relevant option during the check out process. Visit our delivery information page for further information.